Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Wouldn't be a blog without some Schiavo

OK, I have to post this. All the other blogs have Shiavo stuff. Frankly, I'm fairly certain that Blogger will automatically deactivate any blog that doesn't contain the word Shiavo as a means of eliminating dead blogs. So, without further adieu . . .

Lots of the right to lifers, have expressed their wish that the Schiavo tragedy never be repeated. (Of course us 'death cult(ers)' can't wait for a chance to kill our own PSV wives) They claim that everyone has the right to live (it's in the freakin' Declaration of Independence for Crissakes!). They even say that even if no one had been willing to foot the bill to feed poor Terri, we as a 'culture of life' should have 'sided with life' and fed her anyway.

So, does this mean that the Right to Lifers are willing to state, on the record, that all Americans have a right to food? Good news for all homeless people! Free food for all. Of course it goes futher than that. Much further.

Ms. Schiavo's food was actually a food paste that was forced through a tube which was surgically implanted in her stomach. Hmmm. That sounds like medical stuff. Does that mean that all Americans have a right to health care? Sure seems like it. If poor braindead Terri deserves free hospitalization, (as some right to lifers have suggested) so do the rest of us. Socialized Medicine here we come! Boo Ya!

Thank's Terri Schiavo. You single handedly turned the Christain Right from 'personal responsibility' spouting assholes into Canadians. Congrats.

3 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, was your last statement ever incredibly ignorant. Americans WISH they had it as good as Canadians, then they go and elect a braindead monkey like Dubya into office. Bra-vo.

Also, the Pope has eclipsed Terri Schiavo in the newsworthy death department anyway.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Seattle Slough said...

A visitor? Already? I am like the new family on the block who buys Halloween candy unsure of whether anyone in this neighborhood still trick-or-treats.

I hope the rest of my visitors don't confuse sarcasm with ignorance like Anonymous here. Something to think about for sure. Perhaps I need a warning in the subtitle.

p.s. I will, as a rule, never directly address an anonymous commenter. I will merely talk about them. "Dear Anonymous" just seems silly to me.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Cheruchan said...

I enjoyed your article...made me smile:)...:D... I think that your logic is quite humorous, but also think that if one person, such as Terri Schiavo, has a right to all those things...then so should everyone else:P... I also wanted to comment that I read that her bulimia led to her braindead state...I just thought that it is ironic that so many were worried about keeping her fed when she worked so hard to starve herself...or purge herself of her precious nutrients...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home